Sunday, July 4, 2010

My inspiration!

Oh my……………………..
it’s 3:00 in the morning and I’m still awake!
How could I have gone to bed?
My thoughts are at stake
I hate this but I’m helpless
Someone asked what inspires me,
What is it that drives my thoughts?
I pondered for a micro second
When it started pouring in,
A layout of an architect,
The tenderness in a cub,
A reflection of the rainbow,
The curves in a budding shrub,
A Street jammed with bullocks,
The gags on ‘the tonight’s show’,
A young chap puffing,
Someone screaming “life sucks”

It all started one afternoon when I was at my office and was thinking how my progress has been terminated and how I needed to do something new so as to rejuvenate the passion of mine. I then thought of searching for an NGO with which my thoughts would intersect. I believe I thought of joining an NGO because as a journalist the first event I covered was of an NGO which helped in the rehab of destitute children. I browsed the World Wide Web for few hours and noted the NGO’s within my vicinity. I then began researching about them and rounded myself off with PASSIONATE. The previous works of PASSIONATE were enough to impress anyone. The moment I enrolled myself we started planning about the annual event PASSIONATE conducts called as “CYCLE’O HYDERABAD” and this was the second time it was to be held. It was about saving the mother earth and promoting cycling and it saw enthusiastic participation from an otherwise lazy Hyderabad crowd. It was then when the President of PASSIONATE told me about the magazine. We met a week later and chose whom to interview and prepared a questionnaire.
Our basic idea is to publish a booklet constituting the success stories of people from diverse backgrounds who chose their passions as career despite severe lack of resources. We are attempting to show the younger generation that how rewarding it is to walk the road less travelled facing all odds to pursue your passion. We intend to inspire the youth who are not vary about choosing their hobbies and passions as careers. And we hope that we succeed in inspiring the youth with this effort. The booklet’s name has not been decided yet, it could either be ‘inspiring the youth’ or ‘pursuit of passion’. The passion within the souls of all those associated with PASSIONATE is undying and this is what makes me proud to be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...