Saturday, August 7, 2010

Help at standby





It was a day like any other and I was just in time at work. I was going upstairs towards my cubicle when I saw this really pretty girl waiting near the elevator. I instantly developed certain liking for her. Hold on.... I am not going to talk about the girl alright? When I noticed that she was on a wheel chair which a probable friend of hers was pushing, I couldn't help but thank God for being fortunate to be able to take the flight of stairs. I forgot everything after the time that followed and got busy rushing towards the deadlines. When I was leaving office for home in the evening, I passed the same elevator and it reminded me of the same pretty lady in the wheel chair. On my way back steering through the busy roads, suffocating in the pollution I was thinking and hard as to how the day of that girl would typically be. 

We all have certain jobs and chores to perform on a daily basis, even the jobless folks generally schedule and device methods for slaughtering time. We all generally wake up early; check our inboxes, ready ourselves for the office or for school or whatever not to mention other important activities of the morning. All of the actions are carried out with a constant eye on the seconds hand and then we steer our way through the busy roads so that we do not end up getting late. During weekends we either stay late in the bed or hang out with friends from dawn to dusk or just spend it with our charmed ones. The bottom line is, we can call ourselves independent at least physically. But, do we ever ponder about a very mundane question? How would our lives and weekends be if we were physically challenged? Even the slightest of such thoughts give me goose bumps. I would prefer dying to sitting on a chair for my entire life. I do not know if the girl because of whom i am writing this is disabled by birth or an accident may have been the cause. It really doesn't matter. Does it? The fact remains that you can’t ride, can’t walk, can’t play, can’t enjoy, and can’t even do your personal stuff alone. Your whole life would be a compromise and all you’d get is sympathies from others. You need help at standby all the time. I wonder if I was her how would my thought process be. Would I be able to respect my own self? Would I whine all the time and hate God hate myself and hate everyone else? Had I been in that pretty lady’s chair, I wouldn’t have been so courageous to stand shoulder to shoulder with normal folks and excel. It takes a special kind of courage to shine when God has been partial towards you. You become specially-abled and give a reason for normal people like me to get inspired from. Hats off to all those who gather such guts albeit facing grave challenges. May GOD bless you all with more courage and successes!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...