Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Six of I don't know how many

This is the sixth post of the Lyrical Excerpts series I've been blogging about. A quick recap about it; I share a part of the lyrics from the songs I like and what they mean to me, under this label. In this post I shall share three more songs in this post. Since I am in a Lucky Ali hangover, lets start with a song of his that is not so well known.

1. Tanhaai mein Basi hai Zindagi by Lucky Ali

चला हूँ मै तो तेरी चाह में
मिलेंगे जाने किस राह में

कहा है मेरे दिल भी यही
तुम्ही से जुडी है यह ज़िन्दगी

इरादा है के तुमको पाऊं मै
जो कहना चाहूँ कहते जाऊं मै

तुम ही तो उम्मीद हो मेरी
तुम्ही से जुडी मेरी हर ख़ुशी

I must confess I fell in love with the lyrics of this song when i heard it for the first time. The whole song gives you a little sad feeling, a sense of despair with a pinch of disappointment but reckons that their always is some light at the end of the tunnel. Hope they say is what drives us all. The lyricist has done a wonderful job and has very creatively and emotionally sewn the entire poem so as to provoke the trust in thyself. Another awesome song by Lucky Ali and certainly in my favourites list. 


2. Titliyaan Yaadon Ki by Strings

एक झील थी, कई फूल थे
सब मिट गए, क्या कहें

चाहा था कहना, ना कहा, चुप रहे
राहों में तनहा चलते ही हम रहे

 तितलियाँ यादों की उडती जाएँ
रंगों में मुझसे कुछ कहती जाएँ


This song is one of the best works of the band Strings, in my opinion. This one again speaks initially about despair, desire and memory and retentiveness. The music is good and so are the lyrics. Memories at times is like a child walking alone the sea shore. You never know what small pebble it will pick up and store amongst its treasured things. 

3. Joe Purdy - Isn't Love

Last night i had the sweetest dream
That you were nowhere near me
That you could not cut me
That you do not affect me
That i had my sanity
That was just a dream
That was just a dream

So go away
Why cant you leave me be
Because i love your face and need for me


Despite being one of those peaceful guitar songs, this song has a lot of different elements in it. To start with, the way the singer has sung the lyrics is a little weird and little interesting as well. The part of the song i shared talks about a dream where the dreamer although is in love with someone but cannot show it probably because of the fear embedded in the heart. The dreamer however feels safe in the dreams and simply wants the person to get away of his/her dreams and out of the mind. I love the way this song ends. Simple subtle yet very nice guitar chords.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...