Wednesday, January 19, 2011

five of i don't know how many

Here are some more lyrical excerpts I thought of sharing. This is the fifth post in the series and I am clueless as to how long I will be writing for the same label.


1. You raise me up by Josh Groban

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up... To more than I can be.

 This song can be regarded as a motivational although it reflects the feelings of someone who desperately needs someone else's support. It is universally acclaimed that behind every man's success there is a woman, but this song can be more than an elaboration of that proverb. We all need someone to inspire us to motivate us and to make us do things that we normally may feel nervous about. After all no man is an island, we all need someone to help us understand what we truly can do. At the end we all race and we raise only because we want to replace.



2. Burning in the skies by  Linkin Park

I used the deadwood to make the fire rise
The blood of innocence burning in the skies
I filled my cup with the rising of the sea
I poured it out in an ocean of debris


Contrary to the previous song, this is one of the good works by Linkin Park. The lyrics are dark and make you ponder about the mistakes although very subtly. It also hints about the necessary evil that prevails in our society. This song is about regret but still invokes some kind of hope with the line "don't apologise, i'm loosing what i don't deserve". The lyrics and the music have been styled and composed very beautifully bringing out the true essence of the song.
3. No illusions by 78 Saab 

I'm under no illusions now,
How can I see when I am blind
To all the same old thoughts now.
You sure do make it kinda tough,
Not gonna make me change my ways,
I've come too far for that now.

This song featured in one of the episodes of Gray's Anatomy. This song is a narrative and the narrator is attempting to justify the deeds and the shortcomings of his. All this is done, without alleging the opposite person and keeping the  benefit of doubt to himself. This song is all about hope and pesters you to move on in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...