Sunday, January 16, 2011

I INTEND ©




It's been a fortnight since every man celebrated his birthday with the dawn of a new year and everything is still the way it was. There's inflation everywhere, people are sick, nation's in a crisis and what not. On the new year's eve however we were in a pretense and  celebrations, get to-gethers, resolutions became a part of this package. I personally do not believe in resolutions, especially those of the New Year's. I happen to celebrate every day as a new day and scheming about the future doesn't often yield anything constructive. However, upon being questioned and forced to tell my resolution if I were to ever make one, I thought of describing it lyrically and what best way to express it than with a poem. So, the below is a resolution of mine if i were ever to make one. It's been titles I INTEND.


poems i will write
that are short, happy and bright
books i will read
about love, morals and speed
words i will talk
sans pretence, prejudice and mock
songs i will listen
of rock, country and fusion
kind i will act
with joy, devotion and tact.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...