Sunday, August 22, 2010

social netwroking: improves our lives/is our life






I've been using all kinds of social networking sites for as long as I can remember. I am not an addict though! I see all kinds of people attempting to get social and vocal in the public eye. There are wannabe-wannabes, serious attention seekers, profile fakers, stalkers, some just experiment, some use it as it is supposed to be used, some don't really use it but have profiles set up, while some advertise and educate others. The pros and cons of such usage can be debated endlessly in the paradoxic discussion. I don't know or care what category you belong to, but i thought of sharing some of my views that were formed several months back when twitter was about to become the new facebook. 

There are two versions of it.

1. This is the first and shorter one called simply as 'TWEET'



I tweet, I buzz, I poke, I scrap, I text.
You tweet? 1/10th of the world tweets.
Birds? They tweet no more in our ‘concrete’ jungles.
Mr.Tharoor tweets, SRK tweets, Rahul tweets.
LP tweets, Mtv tweets, Federer tweets.
They all tweet?
Birds? They only tweet hesitantly in the rains of vanishing AMAZON.




2. The second rather long version is called 'Breathe offline? Live online?'

You tweet, You buzz, You poke,
You scrap, You blog, You text.
You laugh, You ridicule, You praise,
You tease, You propose, You hate.
What about me?
You change status updates,
You enter chat rooms,
You change profile pics,
You add new friends,
Ignore/block some.
You comment on links,
Day in and day out.
As if a patient, You consider them pills.
You debate, You fight, You plead, You reject.
FB is cool? Orkut is chic? Hi5 is great?
You pen testimonials, You leave offlines,
You skip meals, you delay nature’s call, you ignore chores.
Aren’t you living online?
You have ‘m’ number of avatars on ‘n’ number of networks.
But does that yield anything constructive?
May be, May be not.
You have neither power, nor fame, nor money
Ready at your disposal.




happy networking..........................^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...