Wednesday, October 20, 2010

one of i don't know how many

Whoa! Finally got to write on my blog after a long time. These work loads and responsibilities make you nothing less than a machine. Being human is becoming a challenge day by day. Anyways, from here on I am starting this new label 'lyrical excerpts' wherein I would be taking some lines or paras from the songs I liked or listened to. It can be of any language or context, all I share is the way it was portrayed or what those lines mean to me. I am starting off with a few lyrics that i can remember as of now. Here we go...................


1. Your body is a wonderland by John Mayer
Something 'bout the way the hair falls in your face
I love the shape you take when crawling towards the pillowcase
You tell me where to go and
Though I might leave to find it
I'll never let your head hit the bed
Without my hand behind it

This is a very beautiful number and perhaps a John Mayer signature. The way he describes the sensual features of the fairer sex in the start of this song is worth mentioning (porcelain skin, candy lips, bubble gum tongue). The above mentioned part however describes the concern, the empathy and the love in a very subtle fashion and leaves the listener spell bound(at least I was).


2. Title track of the movie Kaminey
क्या करें ज़िन्दगी इसको हम जो मिले
इसकी जान खा गए रात दिन के गिले

कभी ज़िन्दगी से माँगा पिंजरे में चाँद लादो
कभी लालटेन देके कहा आसमा पे टांगो

This is a very slow and smooth ballad that runs in the background when it is played in the movie. This song has got a lot of depth in terms of the music and the lyrics. It reflects pretty straight forwardly the hardships faced and humongous efforts put in to live and not just exist. This reminds me of the quote "maturity is said to be achieved only when we accept life as full of compromises!". Tough to decipher but true when understood.



3. You'll never know by MLTR
Take a look around this lonely place
Where a mask is worn on every face
And painted lips gently kiss
The end of their cigarettes

This world is dressed in such finess
To cover all the emptiness
We're standing here in between
The pages of a magazine

Although I am not a great admirer of MLTR (Michael Learns to Rock) simply because of their monotony and utter lack of diversity, I enjoy this particular number however. I actually started relating to this song until lately because the lyrics grow onto you slowly yet steadily, are very compelling and make you ponder about the false hoods of this life and how we all tend to run marathons despite being blind folded. And yeah painted lips kissing the cigarettes hints towards the glamor and bling that every young and old is fascinated with and how we go through this voyage called life all alone despite being in a caravan of some sort.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...